MDIs for administering corticosteroids have an additional chamber. Visit www.bestallergyclinic.com for expert advice on the type of inhaler you need and on using a metered dose inhaler for allergy treatment in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- difficulty in breathing and chest tightness
- swelling of lips, tongue, or face
The most visible symptom of urticaria is a reddish rash on one or many places on the skin. Causes include:
- remove the MDI cap and shake it
- breathe out completely
- hold the mouthpiece of the MDI between your teeth and seal your lips around it
- press down once on the canister as you start to breathe in
- breathe in completely and very slowly in about 5-7 seconds
- hold your breath for about 10 seconds to allow the medication to reach all the airways of your lungs
- repeat the procedure as directed by the physician with a gap of 1 minute between puffs
- when finished, replace the cap on the MDI
When using the chamber for inhaling corticosteroids, you need to place the mouthpiece of the chamber in your mouth, not the mouthpiece of the MDI. You also need to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash and water when inhaling corticosteroids.
For personalized counsel on using a metered dose inhaler for allergy treatment in Silver Spring, Maryland, visit www.bestallergyclinic.com